Pictures of naked men

Last week a man who tried to steal copper wire from a live electricity pole died when a surge of electricity caught him mid- the proceedings. As if sudden death, with no time to make peace with The Maker and Judge of All, was not tragic enough, there was embarassment and shame to come. To compound the tragedy with a touch of comedy, the electricity burnt his pants clean off and he ended up butt-ass nekkid on the front cover of both the New Vision and Bukedde.

The office banter, naturally, revolved around the physics of the occasion. How come his shirt wasn’t burnt off, but his trousers were reduced to ash?

Part of the story was a quote from the electricity company’s PRO.


Asked for a reaction, Umeme acknowledged that vandalising power cables is the
company’s biggest problem. “Not only is it our biggest problem, it is also very
costly,” the public relations officer, Edward Twine, said. “It affects power
distribution and service delivery and impacts negatively on the image of the
company.”


“These people they steal our wires, they steal fuel from our transformers...” mimicked Colleage Name Withheld, before adding, “For once the Umeme PRO is in a good mood,” said Encyclo. “He isn’t on the defensive.”

We also shared the obligatory muchomo comments.

Yes. Here at the leading daily, we are all about compassion.

Comments

Kenyanchick said…
"the obligatory muchomo comments."

God, thank you, thank you! When I saw the picture my mind started wandering in that direction as well, so it was a great relief to discover that I wasn't alone in the Land of Inappropriate Thoughts.

Maybe we can form a support group.
I nearly blogged that the Bukedde editor was still a devil worshipper, when I saw the fron page covered in that. Then I saw it on New Vision (albeit smaller), and the crime was less severe.

But, again, how the frig can a man die like that? No dignity, even in death? And such a death? Hugging the wires that had roasted him? I'd rather die fighting in ka small Communist revolution.
I mean, see that!
Minty said…
they say the ears of an African are on the behind. Maybe that explains the mystery of the singed pants.
Iwaya said…
Minty! I had promised myself to be indignant, now how can i carry it off when i'm still on the floor clutching at my stomach?
Anonymous said…
Naye Minty!!!

And u Baz, how on God's earth can u bring up the "muchomo" subject with that guy's black arse all over my face?....no no..don't picture that.

I'm now off muchomo.
Thanks for curing my future gout.
Anonymous said…
Reading back at what I wrote....YUCK!!!
Anonymous said…
GUYS....HOW DO I QUIT THIS BLOGGER BETA BOLLOCKS???
ish said…
glad to know i wasnt the only one who found the picture funny.

the more the merrier! (i speak of hell)
Baz said…
The way no one even thought of saying baambi. You guys are cold.
Iwaya said…
for a moment i thought i was back to Degstar's blog!!
Cheri said…
Some template change....
New template! Heralding the end of the quarter-life crisis, au nini?
Baz said…
Template changed because I am tired of my wretched miserable loser bollocks life and I want to be Degstar instead.
Minty said…
Umm, good to see the template bug's bitten you too. The colour goes well with your guitar, wamma.
Anonymous said…
Thank u :-) take a look this emo boy hair at this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info