High-pitched shrieks, bodies lie dead in the streets










In today’s New Vision we read that Ugandan First Lady Janet “Silver Girl” Museveni, aka the Honourable Member from Ruhama, aka “Gloves Off” took Kenyans by surprise when she country aboard a Scandinavian Express bus.

That’s right. A bus.

She was leading a delegation of farmers from her constituency on an agricultural tour. By bus.

Well, whooptie-doo.

According to the story on the front page of the Vision, which I am bastardizing by lifting sentences from it, correcting their punctuation, then adding a few words of my own, SG’s arrival in Eldoret “amazed and impressed the Kenyans.”

Eldoret resident 1: “What’s all the ruckus about?”
Eldoret Resident 2: “A busload of Ugandans just rolled up.”
Eldoret resitent 3: “Another one? Gasp! That is impressive! I am amazed! How do they keep doing that? Every single day!”
Eldoret Resident 4: “I know! Anaa one! Hey, pass the miraa.”

Also in the news, Kony’s stupid ass is still making ludicrous demands. Where is Jack Bauer when you need him? Oh yeah, there he is: inhabiting a fictitious world. And Superman is still in the closet. (No really, that movie was like the gayest portrayal of Superman that I have ever seen. I am sure Dean Cain and Tom Welling would have teamed up with the estate of Christopher Reeve to beat the crap out of Brandon Routh if it wasn’t for the facts that Welling is glad someone made a gayer Superman than his, and Cain really is gay, like in real life.)

Bush was on Andrew Mwenda Live on Friday and he said a true word in jest. He hazarded a guess: that Kony, for years bereft of political agenda and suddenly in urgent need of one, has taken to skimming the op-ed and letters pages of The Monitor looking for grievances to appropriate for the talks. That’s why he demands federo and such.

The PAMAs party was at Kati Kati over the weekend. Lots of singers performed. In the Ugandan press we call them artists, by the way. No one ever uses the word singer or musician. Gatimo and Paragon performed Ani Akumanyi, which rocks.
Someone asked me what the world “hell” meant. I was able to answer without hesitation that hell is what happens when the singing voice of Sara Zawedde somehow manages to convert itself into a physically inhabitable form.
I know I am prone to exaggerations, but believe me, you do not want to test me on this.

Comments

Saadiq said…
LMAOPIMP...meanwhile Janet looks like she's putting her hands in the air and waving them like she dont care!!
ish said…
she's a favorite of mine, as far as female politicians go
Kenyanchick said…
You should have read the full account in the Standard. Some breathless "eyewitnesses" informed us that they waved at Janet... and she waved back! Oh bite me.
Anonymous said…
Hey Baz, you need to have yo lenses adjusted! Sarah Zawedde is hot!! Actually her body gives me sleepless nights! and her eyes.....man....i could spend a whole day looking into those enchanting globes of eros.
oh oh, the spammers are back. why do they always pick you? Scratch that; ur blog is too cool.
leave silver gal alone! it's her chance to shine!!
Baz said…
@Joshua, that dance is from House Party II. yeah, I'm old enough to remember House Party II.

@Inky, when Janet's motion that Uganda's problems will be solved if we legislate two national days of prayer was tabled, someone said, "It's only stupid if it doesn't work." Which, I guess, explains Janet's standing as a politician.

KC, I have looked at the Standard online and I don't see it. Do I have to buy the actual physical paper?

Anonymous, Sara may be fine, but she works best with the volume off.

and finally, LA, that isn't spam. I just went there and I swear, I made an extra $900.
Iwaya said…
the mira link has been especially useful. uganda shall soon join that list of mira growers. you can depend on it from me!
Minty said…
Silver Girl looks like she's rapping.
Speaking of, can you possibly wish the real Bush (George W.) on Mwenda's show? He'd kill for it I imagine.
Zawedde always wears black lipstick. That mean anything?

I see you've already forgotten why we shortened that to PAM Awards. Flashbacks scare me.
Baz said…
It's still pronounced the same way: "Pamawards". Sounds like the direction of the toilets.

It's her time to shine, ddala, Dennis. I didn't want to commit myself over whether it was a publicity stunt or whether she genuinely thought, "How do we get there? Bus? Okay, we go."
I am beginning to think that she was for real.
Kenyanchick said…
Baz, Here's what the paper said (just found it among my trash): First they tell us us "She mixed easily and shook hands with hotel employees" then.. "There was drama at the hotel when the First Lady and her group left the dining hall, as various people who were attending workshops rushed to the corridors to see her. Some of the participants waved at her and she responded warmly to their greetings before proceeding to the bus..."
The Kampalan said…
LOL @ house party II...actually Baz something 'bout her hair reminds me of Kid, of the And Play fame ala House Party.

True, that more that Zawedde chik croaks the more she exposes herself to lawsuits for just effing up people's hope in human progress. I remember thinking, as i watched her disastrous show of musical ineptitude at Kati Kati, about your (Random thought)SUSU awards...Songs that Undisputably Suck in Uganda.. well she has the Pama and susu situation covered
Minty said…
@baz & suburbia...on PAMA, touche!

@KC, it seems our First Lady has such a following over there. Wish Ugandans could fawn over dear Lucy Kibaki the same way. Here it's just like, 'O O! here comes...' and every one scatters.
the comments here are like another blog all together. I would insist that everyone says Pearl of Africa Music awards instead of the shorter version which obviously has funny,oh so funny connatations.
But I didnt invent them so PAMAwards will do....lol!
Kenyanchick said…
Oh my God Minty: "Wish Ugandans could fawn over dear Lucy Kibaki the same way."

I've just had to pick myself off the floor. That is the funniest thing I've heard all week.
Anonymous said…
MESSAGE
Anonymous said…
MESSAGE