Now that I think about it

I was a bit hasty last week, and I apologise for it. I should have thought it through before I posted what was clearly a grossly misguided opinion.
Boomkat’s song is nice but no way is it the greatest song in the world. It isn’t even fit enough to justify that sort of hyperbole in jest. Really, what was I thinking?
Okay, I was tired, I was stressed, I was hungry, and the methadone was wearing off, but that does not excuse my behaviour. I mean, did I really say it was better than Nkuweeki?

THERE IS NO SONG BETTER THAN NKUWEEKI!!!

I am really sorry.

Even more reason to love Iryn’s biggest hit came to light this weekend when my newspaper, the Sunday Vision published a story by my favourite reporter, David Tumusiime, the moral of which was “Watch your pervy self”.
Some fool got on stage during an Iryn show and started misbehaving, trying to cop a feel. Did she cower and simper and whine in fear like R. Kelly?
Oooh No.





She followed the bastard off the stage, found him and kicked him forcefully up in the nutsack until he got the message. “Cop a feel of this, you son of a bitch! Nkuweeki means ‘what should I give you?’ Well, I shall give you a severe pounding of the scrotum! Take that and that and that! Wessyde! Ride or die!” unconfirmed reports imagine she might have said as she laid the smacketh down on the hapless pervert.


Now, that is gangsta!

As the remains of her victim were being carted away, she added “You’re lucky my husband wasn’t here.”
To Frank, if you happen to read this, please tell wifey that she is officially the Woman of The Year 2006.


*Caveat: When I say she kicked him in the nuts, I am only reporting what I hope happened. I wasn’t really there.

Comments

Jay said…
Bro had u lost whatever is left of your mind. Sing, snowflake, sing? best song ever hmm..my meagre rump.
i still have to be convinced.have you ever sat at Sabrina's sipping on whatever you sip on listening to Angela up on stage? Without any inebriation, i mean?
Anonymous said…
Hi! I liked reading your blog.Thanks for sharing,Wish you well
Kenyanchick said…
I've never heard any of Iryn's songs but if she really kicked that guy in the nether regions then dammit, I'm a fan!
Baz said…
KC, please click on the link in the previous post and play the song. It is your moral obligation to hear and love Nkuweeki.

Besides, you guys owe us after inflicting that Nasinzia song from Nameless upon the region.
Kenyanchick said…
Ha ha! You mean you don't wish you were my shoe? I'm of two minds about that song. On the one hand (I'm merrily mixing metaphors here) the music and beat are good. On the other hand, he wants to be my saliva.
On the one hand again, he manages to use the word "asunder." On the other hand he rhymes it with... asunder. I'm off to listen to Iryn's song.
Anonymous said…
Thank goodness! For a moment there I thought we had lost you in the snow!
bikozulu said…
@Kenyanchic; I haven't forgoten my beer, but now that you sound like you share Methadone with Baz, I guess I will have to find another worthy contender!
The 0ne said…
Boomkat is okay,man..you best believe that.They introduced me to rock...oh,wait.That was Bob *MUSEVENI must leave* Geldof's Boomtown Rats.
Kenyanchick said…
Hey, just listened to the song! Not bad - it's on heavy rotation on my, um, Media player (I really do not have an iPod). Oh and Baz? Countryboyi hates it when we mention Luther Vandross and "gay" in the same sentence. So what if the video screams "Sisterhood is powerful?" (Excuse me miss, what's your name? and where did you get those FABulous shoes?) We really should stop.
Biko, buy the beer already.
Anonymous said…
Yeah, Baz, she is definetely THE woman! (when i get to see her, that is...). Sure enough the bastard was lucky i wasn't there to finish the job (i know a few french torture techniques...). Anyway, thanks for the continuous support, seems it did Iryn some good. Never know, we might be back in K'la as a family one of these days... next time we meet, let's take time for a beer (with or without methadone).
Tulabagane olulala mukwano
Nze Franck