A public service announcement

While the normally-prolific Jay (real name James Gandolfini) and Degstar (real name Joe Pantoliano) have taken a blogging hiatus, some have found themselves falling into the misconception that things have quieted down round here in the Ugandan blogosphere. To these misguided folk I say, what insanity-juice are you sipping through a paper straw?

All sorts of exciting stuff is happening here!

Regina King is blogging under the name of Minty. Classy and funny and very many sorts of thought-provoking.
Lauren Graham has also done what we knew was inevitable. It was useless fighting it, Kenyanchick. It was in your blood. Now she has joined the Dark Side of the force. The result is the sensational!
Wendy Raquel Robinson has been blown for, but I had to mention her again. Whoops of delight!
Finally, because I have to get out of here -- Jimmy is getting impatient—Christina Ricci is here, too, making us laugh over our monitors when people think we are doing research. David and I have been arguing over who can claim to have “discovered” these blog gems. I think by mentioning them here I just won that argument.

In your face, David.

Comments

Kenyanchick said…
"Oh Baz", she said blinking, sighing and even sweating, "you shouldn't have!"

(Is Lauren Graham hot? She better be hot, Baz, she better be... I just looked her up and I'm going to kick your ass she looks nothing like me and oh my God she's really old.)

Um, yeah, thanks dude.
Baz said…
She's not OLD, KC, she's funny! The distiction is very important. For context at least, her age doesn't matter.

Should I make that Amanda Byrnes?
Omar Basawad said…
Always great to hear from Uganda! It's relieving to have as many bloggers as we have now from 'The Pearl of Africa!
lissingmink said…
oooooh *major blush* you should have
Iwaya said…
Check my Jewel post blogged on 20th July 2006. It mentions all these lovelies and then some. YOU LOSE.
Minty said…
Regina King!!! I don't know. Let me see. As in Regina King in Club 227 or Regina king in Miss Congeniality 2? (fingers drumming on desk)Hmm, can't decide. Guess that's not a bad thing.

P.S: For the record, Iwaya got there first. (You'll recover)
Baz said…
Minty, Jerry MacGuire.
Minty said…
Aw. 'was kinda hoping for armed and fabulous. Oh well, I'll take that.