Stay till the end...

"When it was over, all I could think about was how this entire notion of oneself, what we are, is just this logical structure, a place to momentarily house all the abstractions. It was a time to become conscious, to give form and coherence to the mystery, and I had been a part of that. It was a gift. Life was raging all around me, and every moment was magical. I loved all the people, dealing with all the contradictory impulses. That’s what I loved the most — connecting with the people. Looking back, that’s all that really mattered."

-Richard Linklater

Comments

Darlkom said…
*sniff* *sniff*
lissingmink said…
ok i thought i was just having a blonde moment during the first read of this- but clearly, this is like really deep; though is that all that really mattered?

is this you 'creed'... philosophy... outlook to life
Baz said…
philosophy of life? Nah. I just thought it was something worth reading.

My philosophy of life is very different.
The Kampalan said…
Dude, this looks like a post mortis interview. Like the Andrew Mwenda of Hell is asking Linklater what it felt like to be alive.
mbu baz has a philosophy of life...