Random Thurogitts

  1. Whatever Chuck Palahniuk is smoking, I want some. (Honourable mention to Tom Robbins).
  2. Song currently playing in inner jukebox of my heart: Respectable by Mel and Kim. I can think of no explanation, so I can offer no excuse. Mel & Kim, for those of you who were not with us at the time (which let’s face it, is almost half the internet) were an eighties pop duo who wore garish yellow and red stripes around their legs and had enormous hair. If you were to see them today you would think they were Amanda’s Angels. They sounded like two Spice Girls on Helium.
  3. I carry a Parker fountain pen with me. All the time. Because I am a writer and I take writing seriously. I’m not trying to pose, I wish I could use a bic like lesser mortals, but my fingers develop a rash when they come into contact with those things. Euch! And then they start trembling uncontrollably. And then they start falling off one by one. I can’t use anything but a Parker. What you want me to say? I’m sorry.
  4. Commercial Break: Would you like to become more attractive to the opposite sex? If so, buy yourself a copy of Worst Idea! Now available at Aristoc Booklex and Uchumi Supermarket. And then maybe get some new clothes, some cologne, hit the gym, get a haircut... generally, style up.
  5. Are YOU the opposite sex? Guys just became more attractive to you. You owe me one.

Comments

bikozulu said…
When you say Uchumi, does Uchumi Kenya qualify?
Darlkom said…
Thankyou kindly most gracious sir.
how about twelve copies on ebay? and then watch while we scramble for them like high school hungry guys at the caf.

and if I wrote like you I'd develop a bic allergic reaction too!
The 0ne said…
I can't shake off the feeling that Thurogitts is some made up word...
Iwaya said…
just another random thurogitt...did anyone notice the 'About Me' tag changed...?
Minzo said…
Chuck Pahlaniuk is bloody good- have you read 'Fight club'?
I have One complaint about your blog- you dont blog often enough! Surely internet time at The New Vision is not rationed?
Kenyanchick said…
Yeah, Baz. You don't blog often enough.
Anonymous said…
my God, Baz
u are the writer, the publisher? and the advertiser! multi talented, huh?
so where is the launch of the book at?Serena with the kasiki in club silk?
modoathii said…
that kid of your makes my day. he has this serious look that has me smiling.

i remember mel and kim, tei tei tei tei...etc...
modoathii said…
whatever happened to them.

new vision, hmmmm...
Savage said…
Buy a tablet notebook and graduate to a stylus.
u kno 4 smetime i've bin reasonin wiz myslf: u & mr. magoo who's e funnier blogger? smetimes i think ur, smetimes i think mr. magoo. u see wen i 1st began readin 'bad idea,' i neva really 'clicked'. ma bro always said u were vry funny & brilliant & read only 'bad idea' in e entire 'sunday vision' while i was into 'old fox'. anyways i later caught on. enjoyed e liquor too! so wat am sayin is tht i'll buy 'worst idea' wen i get ma cheque on monday. & if i really find it worse than worst, i'll also buy a copy 4 e gal in ma thoughts at e moment.
ish said…
Bic kicks ass.

p.s. also tryin' to get me a copy through a friend who's back home since u aint caught on the whole e-commerce thing yet.
Cheri said…
kale gwe, so that explains the rash on my fingers!!!!
Papa said…
hahahha
man i am a great fun of you column when i read it but excellent you have blog keep up the good work
Pea said…
Baz, you have advertised your book on approximately all blogs... Just wondering, how can I get it? Any options other than me sending someone to Aristoc and getting them to mail it to me (and risking all those shady incidents that could happen to it in the two weeks it takes to get here)?
Pea said…
Where "here" is New York... None of those stores have links where I can buy the book.
@pea: sister, show yourself. can't see your blog.
Minty said…
@the One, it's a modification of 'thogitts', another made up word I presume. With such license baz, you earn the right to be allergic to bic.
Baz said…
@ Biko, you come to Ug. We will be waiting.
@Darlkom, anything for you.

@Scotchie and pea, I don't have a clue how to even get on Ebay, but I have someone working on that.

@Genius and Minty, yup. I made it up. It is like a thought, but when you type with one hand only.

@Iwaya, it is a man's perogative to occasionally alter aspects of himself.

@Minzo and KC, you should talk. One of you vanished for months, the other... I just discovered that I am physically and psychologically incapable of scolding you, KC. You know you are my hero.

Anon, it's called the Mango Theory. Some people wait for them to fall, some climb the trees.

Modoathii, you must remember what happened.The nineties happened.

@Magooman, what is your weapon of choice?

@Countryboyi, thank you for comparing me to the Great Nate and not mentioning me and Sagara in the same sentence again.

@ Inky and Cherie, put down the bic. You deserve better.

@Patrick and Judith, thanks for dropping by. Do visit again.
Savage said…
my weapon of choice is a number 2 pencil. Can't go wrong with that.