Thoughts on DVDs and a paragraph including the term "Hep Cat"

When I put in West Wing, the dvd player glows with what I cannot fail to identify as ecstasy. I can almost hear it say, “That’s right. Right there. Right there. Oooh, yes! Ooooh Ernest!”

Jack needs a comic sidekick. A wisecracking black dude, perhaps, to follow him around saying stuff like, “Dayum, Jack! You shot dat nigga in da leg! You’s a cold muthafucka, shootin’ niggas in da leg like dat!” No, not Curtis. Curtis has dignity.

Someone I know who liked Prison Break would frequently gush about how cute the stars were. This led me to think that this show was just a bunch of pretty boys in a homoerotic jail drama. You will be surprised to find, though, that it isn't exactly that. It has other elements.

Speaking of homoerotic, what would you do if a dude with superhuman powers had the gay hots for you the way Clark has them for Lex? I guess it’s a good thing Lex is also gay. So when Clark is all, "You looking mighty fine in 'em jeans"

Desperate Housewives doesn’t suck, but I think they should cut out this nonsense about “ensemble” acting and focus on the true stars of the show: Eva Left and Eva Right.

Finally,
All the hep cats go to "Al Zwizzle" don’t they? Well, I saw them on Saturday: About half a million people trying to hang out in a little garage-looking place. The bulk of the clientele was outside in the parking lot, slurring and groping among itself. I think you can drive up and park somewhere in the lot, crack open that pot of enguli you brought from Kireka and still say you were hanging at Al Zwizzle. In fact I think I shall do exactly that. I shall get my boys wearing kanzus and we commune over a pot of Malwa as the hep cats mill around with their Smirnoff Ices. Haharing for World Cup as they say.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I had a complete season two Desparate housewives marathon this weekend. I hate that Gabby character.

The whole show ought to focus on Bree.
finally someone showed me how to spell haharing.
Cheri said…
LMAO on the "haharing for world cup!"...some chic aka ibito sed something like that on some post"men and slang" i think.

and the Al Zwizzle...dude! lol. that bar aint no garage-lookin watever...those tinitos killed it.

with yo malwa and yo dogs(Iwaya and Countryboyi)stick to corner kilak in yo kireka!
bikozulu said…
Prison Break is for crybabies, Bauer still rock. But the only real dude in there is T-bag...he's creepy like hell but I dig him...for Zwizzle!
ish said…
i enjoy desperate housewives, it's unbelievable and they don't bother tryin to convince us to believe.

can't say i've ever really hung out at 'al zwizzle' at night... somethin else to not look foward to, kinda like another season of prison break.
Minty said…
I shouldn't be commenting 'coz:
1.I've never been to Al Zwizzle
2.Never watched PB
3.Ditto Desperate Housewives
4.Don't know what a 'hep cat' is
5.Keep telling myself that someday I will do all of the above.
lissingmink said…
loving my west wing right now- and i think they are al brilliant but seaborne makes me laugh the most...

ditto clark... he is actually a bit annoying when he starts reasoning... he should do all the superman stuff and quit thinking!

looove the housewives- gabby's cool... a survivor.

Al Zwizzle aka janja weed...
Anonymous said…
24 is good but it's racist, there are not more than 3 blacks in the whole thing
even when palmer was president, he had only his brother as the other black on the whole cabinet.
Jay said…
The perfect black partner for Jack Bauer is Samuel L's Jules character from Pulp Fiction. He's a badass and he is not averse to a wisecrack.

@Hanny, black people are only like 12% of the american population. U can't have them being 40% of TV characters. I have never been to the states but I am almost certain that a CTU like workplace wouldnt have that many black people, I think.
Baz said…
I don't want to spoil it for you, Lissingmink, but Sam dies in season two.

Okay, I'm kidding.

He just becomes a republican.

Minty, Hep Cat is a term us Old Fogeys used in the 60s. I think the contemporary term is Chap.
I would ask Scotchbiscuits, but she is clearly not that savvy with the spellings of these new slang terms.

Ibito, you think you will handle boys in leather Sean John Kanzus?

Cherie, Countryboi disappeared. You wouldn't happen to know where he is? Wink wink?

Biko, you cannot be watching Teabag .

Jay and Hanny, good point.

Sav, who's Gabby?
Anonymous said…
Gabby is Mrs Solis. She is annoyingly superficial.