UBHH

Uganda Bloggers Happy Hour. AKA National Geek Conference. Such delightful people. I wish I had met you lot five years ago. Then I wouldn’t need all this Prozac.

 

We chattered and chattered and quaffed Tuskers into the falling dusk. The King of All Yuppies, His Royal Matanda, held an intense debate with the Last Surviving Communist, while the rest of us went inside to watch a man named Ken Love choke on his Rs. I hate that guy.

 

There were awards.

 

Mataachi won best post for KIM 10, but he wasn’t able to receive the award in person. He sent this message via satellite. “Konishiwa bitches.” (I am paraphrasing.)

 

Ish said, “Yeah. And you do what?” when she won hers. (Or something like that.)

 

I received more than one vote. I would like to make that point.

 

Some awards were given out in a small ceremony at my keyboard after the UBHH, like Coolest Blogger Alive: It was a tie between Magoo and Cheri. Sweetest Phrasemaker? Scotchbiscuits with her capacity for sudden flourishes of glitter had that locked, until Twentysaba started gushing about the ladies present, so that is another tie.

Cocklewarmer of the year was, naturally, Mrs Minty Adam.

 

You would expect the Where The Hell Are You award to go to my heroes Jay and Degstar, but it ended up in the hands of Lissingmink.

 

Voted Most Likely To Grow Fat And Develop Large Floppy Man-Boobs: The One.

 

Rookie of the year (averaging 32 ppg in her first season): Heaven! Stop acting surprised.

 

You guys said Kenyanchick can’t get an award because she is only a Ugandan in an honorary capacity, but I say, Award Her Anyway (AHA).

 

Bracelet Award: Without a doubt. Life shines, Dee.

 

I could go on all day, you know. Cos it’s only lunchtime and I haven’t even given Carlo the Fresh Prince Summertime Award…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




O~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o
The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others 
authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, 
copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited 
and may be unlawful.  New Vision Printing and Publishing Limited is neither liable for the proper, complete 
transmission of the information contained in this communication, any delay in its receipt or that the mail is virus-free

Comments

leos child said…
firsties now this cool i get to be the first i could get used to this.i dint know awards are given at ubhh.thats even better so do guys actually recieve plaques ama have to attend the next one fo sho.
QueenB said…
Interesting awards esp the AHA
Hehehe. AHA.

Typical Baz.

TYpical rocking-bollocks-hard.

Also, you may want to start using another mail account to send the mails, because your office mail program appends crap at the end. That `disclaimer' there.
Cheri said…
Why thank u.....(sound of applause, the hoo hoo hoo and the whistles at the Kodak theatre)

I walk up in my dazzling Badgley Mischka gown to receive my award....

And I thank y'all for supporting me thru it all. Without u, I couldn't have done it.

Thanks.

Seriously. Thanks.
Cheri said…
So Magoo, how do we split this thing here????
Kenyanchick said…
AHA!

I'd like to thank the member of the Academy...

But, to paraphrase Robin Williams, most of all I want to thank my father, up there, the man who when I said I wanted to be an blogger, he said, 'Wonderful. Just have a back-up profession like welding.'
Cheri said…
Meanwhile, grab this shovel and start work on your grave.....

The one is gonna KILL u. He gonna KILL U DEAD!
The 0ne said…
Why can't people look past my boobs?
Savage said…
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
All my life, I have been wanting hear someone say I am cool or at least just think I am cool.
It seemed that this would never happen,but I persevered and 28 years later it finally happened.
I would like to thank the almighty Father up in heaven for making this possible.

I would like to thank my mother, the Academy,my producers,my agent,my manager,my publicist,my accountant and all the fans.

I would also like to thank my personal assistant,if I ever get one.

I could go on and on,but as you hear the orchestra has started playing to remind me to wind it up.

Uhmmmm.......Cheri,how about we meet in room 204 at the College Inn and discuss that? I am sure by the time we emerge from there the following morning that issue will be settled.
Savage said…
You know, just two happy winners congratulating each other.
Savage said…
(Having forgotten to thank some of the most important people in my life, I walk back to the podium)
I would like to thank my kids. This is for you.
I would also kike to thank their mother, Kenyan babe,hope you don't try to up the alimony and child support.

To you my fellow nominees, thank you too.You were not any less cooler than Cheri and I. In fact, you were supercool,just in an ice cold sorta way. Ya'll figure out to be cool in a hot sorta way and you could up here like me.
Cheri said…
Eh, Magoo....we might as well take half 'n' half....

Lol....

Watever may happen in that room 204!!!!???? shd I be frightened, or shd I be grinning?
Heaven! said…
*shucks* *shucks* i would have asked for a cute,dainty, white hankie but i might smudge my make up...
thanx Baz. and oh yeah, am surprised!!
Dennis Matanda said…
Awards ... Hmmmm. The Plot Thickens! And for the record, I hate Ken Love. He does not lengthen his vowels or speak from the front of the mouth. He just spends a great deal of time killing words with all kinds of weopons of mass destruction.

Out of interest, if you tell me what a 'yuppie' means, I will tell you what the all powerful word 'Monomena' is. Hint: Its from 'The Muppet Show.'

But then you leave me in stitches - and like 27th said, Jah Bless the Email.
Iwaya said…
Where is my gun7???