Here, leaked dossier, for your eyes only, don’t tell anybody, classified etc: It was originally a list of 100, but cutting shit down is my job

Five sentences that didn’t make it into the newspaper this week.

“His recent controversial album Bada has put him to the climax of his carrier making him a big contender for the artist of the year”

“The album, which he launched two months back had a big turn up but it’s sells has not sold as expected.”

“The single Nkuweeki is definitely one of the songs of the year, an emotive love ballad Iryn sings so emotionally,”

“It is quite possible to urge that no one in Kampala has not yet heard this lady’s hit”

“I hate to see the disabled people braving the scorching sun heat. Some wallow in water poodles when it rains.”

Comments

it's easy to see why the sentence 'it's sells hasn't sold...' didn't make it to the newspaper.
now let me go back and see the rest again.
you know if you don't look carefully enough,'this lady's hit' can look like 'this lady shit'-
I'm just alerting everyone who might have read it as badly as I did the first time.
Darlkom said…
Water poodles!!??! Priceless.
Kenyanchick said…
One day, when you're bored, read a Kenyan newspaper. Any. Here's an example of a sentence that DID make it: "Kenyans are yawning for change."

I have nothing further to add, your honour, except to say that that's why I murdered the editor.
ish said…
lol! something else to add to my list of things i miss about uganda, the kazungu ppl push...
Cheri said…
So editors really have work to do!
Minty said…
Just to say I sympathise. You killed me there.
Kenyanchick said…
Baz, I just emailed you a story that ran this weekend. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
Baz said…
KC, that story hurt with pain.
Anonymous said…
BAZ YOU'RE CAPITALIZING ON YOUR DAY JOB AT YOUR WRITERS EXPENSE. lET THE AUTHOR SHINE. i SWEAR IF YOU CONTINUE LIKE THIS, GUYS LIKE HIM HAVE NO SHOT AT THE CNN AFRICA JOURNALISM AWARDS.