Verbatim Vs Verbatim Extra

Our hero has just entered an exclusive bank establishment at the invitation of an Internet acquaintance when it occurs to him (he has been known to think fast, but that is usually later in the evenings. Afternoons, he is notoriously scatterbrained. Bordering on outright stupid) that he does not know the person’s real name. Never to meet outside the world wide web.
So he looks around at the staff members, tellers et al, hoping to catch a sign. None. Before he leaves, however, he thinks perhaps he should make a phone call. He is accosted by the guard.

  • You should try those stunts in the other bank across the street. The guard there is not as well trained as I am.
  • How well-trained are you? Also, what are you talking about?
  • I have a black belt in tae-kwon-do, a black belt in Kung Fu, and, as if that does not make me lethal enough, I also have a black heart and would dance on your corpse after draining every ounce of life from it.
  • You would not need those deadly martial arts skills to kill me, ssebo. I notice you have a rifle. It is an ancient, rusty relic of colonial days and probably served in KAR. It looks like the ssassi limu brand. One shot. But it would dispose of me sufficiently. I must ask again, however, why you would feel the need to kill me and thereafter dance on my remains.
  • Hah hah hah! You must take me for a fool.
  • Not a fool, ssebo. Just a security guard.
  • I may be a security guard, but that does not mean I am completely useless. Unlike most members of my profession, I am actually competent and unstupid. I can recognize a threat to this institution when I see it. You, sir, evidently plan to rob this bank!
  • Excuse me. I shake and quiver, not with fear, but with shock. What would make you come to this conclusion? I am taken aback.
  • Your intentions are made obvious by your actions. I saw you walk in and keenly assess the state of staff deployment, counting how many people there were in the bank. Then you pulled out your mobile phone and began to make a phone call, doubtless to your accomplices, to report your findings so that they can come in and execute the actual robbery.
  • Hah hah! This time I shake with mirth. No one has misread the situation so grossly since that time in ‘04 when Nampima told everyone I was the father. Please relax, eager trigger-happy guardsman. I am not a robber. There is an explanation for all this.
  • You have a short while in which to expound on that explanation. This gun takes a while to load.
  • I am not here to rob the bank. I am here to see someone.
  • Yes. And this someone is who?
  • That is the funny thing. Hah hah. Konka guard you shall laugh. I don’t know who it is! That is why I was making the phone call. I was calling Ivan.
  • You don’t know who you walked into the bank to visit.
  • Exactly.
  • So you called this Ivan character to ask him who you came to the bank to visit.
  • That is a firm and direct hit to the head of the nail. Full marks. I told you you would laugh.
  • I am not laughing.
  • … Well you should. It is funny.
  • No, it is dubious. I knew someone called Ivan when I was still a soldier in UNLA. When he left the army he embarked on a life of crime. He is now a famous underground kingpin and is one of the most wanted men on the VCCU’s hit list.
  • That cannot be the same Ivan. No way. The Ivan I called is completely harmless: utterly and totally unable to inflict even mild irritation upon the weakest of foes. Besides, he was like two years old when the UNLA was disbanded. Still pooping in nappies and then crying because of the smell.
  • I do not trust you. You must be a bank robber. You lie like one. You and Ivan want to rob my bank. I shall have this gun loaded in a few seconds, after which you should prepare to die a swift death. Muahahaha.

Comments

Minty said…
Ahem. Now to read the post.
Minty said…
Our hero wasn't shot then? Why do I feel disappointed?

LoL at that second last section.

P.S. He said 'keenly ASSES the state of staff deployment'?
The 0ne said…
Ha!! Curse You Firstie stealing Human Posting bloggers!
Cheri said…
Lets see wat Ivan has to say to u after he actually reads the post....

Is Ivan yo kanyamelos?
@Minty: Damn right! If the guard had been half as good as he claimed to be, he'd have shot Baz' corpse. (As in, the kung-fu has finished him off already.)
Cheri said…
Minty???!!!?!?!?
Minty said…
@Cherie, I'm over here in the blue corner. I'm sorry about the bloody nose - coach baz should have something for the pain.

@the One, have you read?
Baz said…
Minty, I called 911-edit on you. He may have said that earlier on, but now he said ASSESS. Properly.

I can't afford to mbogolize after what I just said at those of 27's blog.
The 0ne said…
What THE ****!! You have not had the last laugh.No, not by a long shot. No, you haven't had it. The Last laugh. It hasn't been had.Not yet!
if we have to make an arrest folks, Ivan has motive.
Heaven! said…
may i ask who this banker friend you were visiting is?
why do i get the feeling that the good name 'Cheri' is going to be the subject of our discussion yet again?

@cheri: assuming you are the banker in question, did you rescue our hero before he was shot oba you sat there watching him beaten to palp saying,"ehe! you thought we are like those stanbic guys?"
Heaven! said…
oh, by the way, my blog is now fully active. see you there!
check:http://calfthinks.blogspot.com

Baz, i have sent someone with your dimes for the kalango...just be easy.
Saadiq said…
Baz im certainly not happy with the way u diss askaris..coz of that incident u and Ivan are number 5 on the AA emergency meeting agenda..u be there..we're going to show u..just u wait
Cheri said…
Oh, and as u suspect......I have every right to remain silent. Anything I say at this point can and will be used against me......

Baz? Name names!
Minty said…
Oh, we're still at the bank then.
Anonymous said…
"Not a fool, ssebo. Just a security guard."

golden.
Joshua said…
Baz! You read by blog?!? Awesome.

You should come to the next Happy Hour, even though I wont be around.

Anyway, yea, I'll have to find something else amusing to write about, perhaps hanging out with East Africans in DC...many adventures to be had

josh
inanafricanminute
Anonymous said…
@Joshi: Askari's have an Askari's Anonymous thing, then?
Baz said…
"Yes, I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion."