Randtom Thourtgs

The general public will be back from Rukungiri soon. The thought makes me nervous. Gen Pub will click on to see what the internet got up to while they were in the rurals, and will sneer at me when all that appears is bits of poetry. I don't mind what other bloggers think, because they are also geekazoids, but the general public makes me self-concious. So, to distract from the previous post, and keep this seat warm until the next, presenting: Randomi thurogitts
  • No smoking.
  • How ya Livin' is yet another nineties' hip hop phrase that has succumbed to the ravages of time.
  • Things you will never hear in real life: "Hi, I'm Jessica Alba." "I don't care."
  • I hate Paris Hilton. I don't even know her but I hate her. I don't even know anything about her. I don't watch or read tabloid news, and I asked, politely but firmly, that the family and friends shoot me dead the minute they find me watching the Simple Life, but I still hate the woman. With that deep sulphurous loathing that curls from within and rises with groaning echoes from the dark canyons within the soul, echoes that sound meaningless and muted but soon begin to resolve themselves into the words kill, Kill, KILL!
  • When I got home from the Blu*3 Unplugged show on Thursday, one of the Kireka gangstas (the ilk exists. For no particular reason) posed this question: "Were they wearing naked?"
    He said it in Luganda.
  • Is this funny or is this sad? Freshly chopped human head. (Credit for the find). It is funny. Funny.
  • New Years Resolution: Never write a long blog post again.
  • This just in: Nigga, where my money at? Nsaba, who is too enthusiastic to adhere to his own principles, isn't enthusiastic enough to pay up on time. I know people like that.

Comments

Frig, but how exactly did that guy phrase it? `Babade bambadde bukunya?'? I mean, my Luganda is not stellar, but I don't see the sense in most Luganda grammar.

But at least it is not French, where every word has a gender. I mean, frig, the word `President' will have to stay male, even when Segolene Royal is purring at France.

You smoke? I'm telling your Mama. It's never too late to shock the ol' woman.
happy new year baz...more random thingys,bad ideas and all!!
Saadiq said…
they were wearing naked...wabula u have bought madness!!!!


@the 27the comrade..u know Baz's mother!!!!!
Quillonpaper said…
So u answered the question? And 's that sumn you enjoy doing...watchin folk dressed that way i mean? (n'un personal -just asking)

Oh, & a happy new year Baz!
Anonymous said…
Zack, I was there for the music, that's all. I only have eyes for my lovely wife at home.

Rev, stay away from my moms. She will give you kiboko.

Joshi, bought madness??

scotchbiscuits, you have a happiest of new years, too.
crys said…
geekazoids?*! is that even a word? and i was just about to wish u a hapy new year.

things u'll hear when u ask me; 'paris hilton? i don't care'.
true on that one: no long posts for me too. dont have the brains for those ones.tried and failed.

happy new year.
Wama Joshi, listen.

Baz grew up in my arms. It was on my chest that he regurgitated stuff.
I was charged with keeping him safe and warm, even though I was but a child myself. The memories bring me close to tears. He was such a sweet little bundle, this Baz. A bright boy.

I can't forget the first time he saw me climb a tree. He used to follow me about everywhere. He tried to climb, and fell promptly. And I was caned for that. Everybody adored him, you know. That picture at the back of Worst Idea was taken at some major-ish party at which I was present. I remember quite well.

It's hard to shake off the protectionism I developed at the time. But since I can no longer scare him into doing anything (bugger grew taller than me!), I just say `I'll tell Ma!' It's worked all these years. Never once failed.
Minty said…
Baz, You actually went to see Blu*3? Oh, sorry, Lillian is part of Blu*3.

oh, n Joshi, the last time you used it, I should have told you: it's ogudde ddalu and not 'oguzze ddalu' as your DT suggests. Yeah, I slept little last nite.

PS:DT=direct translation.
Rae said…
Where they wearing naked; those are phrases u will hear as long as you are in Uganda. my little cousin this holiday told me to catch the road that brought me.
Anonymous said…
happy new year, baz. i got 'worst idea' as a festive gift to a very deep friend of mine & she went over e moon in excitement. the point is that in ma brokeness, wiz a mere 5k, i was able offer a white merry 2 someone, thanx 2 baz.
Baz said…
Crys, I mean Geekazoid in a nice way. You know, smart, well-read, intellectual types. As opposed to Jockazoid.

LA, we shall see. I just finished the next post. It is 700 words. I will cut it.

Minty, that is what it meant? Okay. You see, what I mean? Smart, well-read, intellectual.

Rae and CB, when I am feeling low, and feeling like I don't amount to anything, and my self-esteem is crushed and destroyed, I will remember your words. You have given me more than 5k. (Sniff) Thank you.