What's up, Doc?

You know you are not getting value for money when you have to explain to your therapist that you are not visiting him for treatment of Stupid, but for treatment of Crazy. If he cannot see the difference, then perhaps you need to “ditch him”, if I may quote Sanaipei Tande, the hothothot second mic from Kenyan Popstars group Sema. Okay, it is actually her t-shirt that I am quoting. And she is the third mic, not the second, because the other two sing better than her. And the group has actually broken up. Whatever. The inability to stick to one topic and the tendency to wander off on tangents is a problem I have been troubled with for a while. Maybe a couple of months. Perhaps since as far back as October, which reminds me of that movie, Hunt For Red Lobster, starring Liam Neeson and Wesley Snipes. The movie was quite simply the droppings. Utterly and totally composed of poop. What was I talking about? Digressions plague me!
That is why I went to the therapist. “Doctor, I can’t seem to concentrate my powerful mind on just one topic at a go!” was my lament.
He sucked on the edge of his pen and said, “Hmmm.” Then he asked, “These myriad topics, are they good ones?”
“Of course they are good ones. That is how they manage to compete for my attention. Do you think I would be anxious about juggling boring ideas?” I retorted. Then I asked him about the stupid/crazy dichotomy.


Sanaipei Tande. Chick is fine, but that's a LOT of make-up!

Comments

Jay said…
It is finally clear I'd always thought you were a thought you were a few bananas short of a bunch.
Carlo said…
a few bananas jay? that's not adequate (or inadequate, whichever you prefer) description of this dude!