A small digression

I hate MTN. I started hating MTN when they were monopolists and I was a zealot for the free market. Then I hated them because they were bloody advertising everywhere with giant billboards and I was a fervent environmentalist. And you know what’s it like during an airtime shortage to walk all over the damn city looking for airtime and there is none to be found the length and breadth of Kampala but every 50 feet there is a bloody MTN advert grinning at you in mockery... Grrr!

And I hate MTN t-shirts. They are not absorbent enough, and when you try to mop the floor with them you just spread the dirt around.

I hated Eric Van Veen’s accent. But Rita Okuthe is kinda cute, though.

Moving on. I have been having a pathetic little life this week, in which everything around me has been boring and dull, so when news that MTN was going to let subscribers send and receive photos on their phones, I was, and this is almost embarrassing, excited to hear it.

I’m sorry, but I was. I wanted to see phone pictures.

I wanted to see what my happening friends are up to with their camera phones.

After they forgive me for saying their cool camera phones were tacky.

But it’s been five days and I still haven’t got the sms which is supposed to activate the picture thing. You have no idea how mad this makes an egomaniac. I haven’t been this livid since that time when Linda said she would call me and I waited and waited and waited and nadda and then she shows up all blasé like “hi rrrrr-nesssst” with her little ka-stereo and I’m supposed to just roll over? Well I did roll over but the principle stands.

Comments