And the weeks went slowly by

With no word of Sidney. Not a peep, and, more importantly, not a poop. The air was fresh and sweet and the only aroma on the clear afternoon breezes swirling in through the windows and around the office was that of the katogo Munna the watchman was having for lunch outside.

Eventually someone was going to ask where he was. Eventually someone did.

"Whatever happened to whatsisname, the smelly farty one you were always pounding on, Ernie?" asked Colleague Name Withheld (hereinafter referred to as CNM).

I hastily replied, "Why are you looking at me? I don't know. How should I know? I didn't do anything!"

"My, what a vehement and forceful answer. If I didn't know better, I would have thought you subconciously misconstrued my question and thought I was accusing you of having him murdered! Hah hah hah!" said CNM.

"Yes, um... Yes. Hah hah hah! Hah hah indeed. That's right. Of course I haven't had him murdered, that would be ridiculous. And silly. So Hah hah."

"But still, I wonder where the malodorous social wart is," CNM insisted on pursuing the question.

That is when Superior Name Withheld joined the conversation: "I have just recieved this envelope. On examining it's contents I found the answer to the riddle of Sidney's absence. The envelope contained his leave forms. The odious stinkbug is on leave and has been so for two weeks now."

Either this is true or Black Captain's deluxe package is very very worth every penny.

Comments