@#$%!!

Who would have thunk it? Writing is hard and makes one tired.
After two weeks of assembly-line churning of article after article for Kevin et al at uptowner (and I still don't know if I can have my byline) I find that I am exhausted.
Really. I can't even think.

I have been dreaming of HTML codes attacking me. The tags are like spears digging into my flesh, hooking out the words and then the HTML ghouls run off with them. Leaving me, with writer's block.

I haven't had writer's block in years.

Maybe it has something to do with the trepidation that comes with a project like The uptowner. Initially, I was just supposed to do the layout and design. (I am a copy editor at The Vision, before you ask, so I know how to design magazines). Then as time went by my brief expanded. Instead of being my clients, now Kev and Walter think they are my partners. And soon they are going to start acting like they are my bosses.

Bastards. Both of you. Arrogant, cheating, exploitative BASTARDS!

As I become more invested (not with money, of course. The project hasnt got a penny yet. The thing is even hosted on freeservers.com, for crying out loud.) I get more anxious and stressed and I come to blog and I end up droning on and on.

Speaking of html tags ....



Let's see if that works.

Comments

heeheee. by the way, checked out that plug; The Uptowner and i think its dope.
ish said…
"I am a copy editor at The Vision"

profound statement, considering all the stories i've heard about what goes on at the offices on 3rd Street. funny, the stories interns will tell!
Jay said…
A lot of writer's block going around but you seem to have written yourself dry.

What tag, by the way?
Baz said…
@ inktus: what stories? Tell tell tell all.

@ Jay, if you don't see it, it just means the tag didn't work. It was a naughty gif.

@ LA, thanks for visiting the site. Expect to be spammed. >:-D or whatever the evil smiley is.
Carlo said…
come on baby, welcome to our world. the world where you get writer's block. maybe not as often but you get it alright, someday, sometime. when you've got a deadline especially. or when you'll get a whole 5% off for handing in an assignment late cuz you had "writer's block". no, that's cuz i partied instead of doing my work. ah well.
inktus: rule no. ?? of the tess clan is thou shalt not spill any beans. sorry ernie darling but we like to have an upper hand in certain things: ALL of them.
Anonymous said…
"Writer's block is God's way of telling you you're not a writer."
That's from the movie Maybe Baby.

Not that you're not a writer, because you're one hell of a journalist! Love your column.